I have an exciting line-up of presentations and speaking engagements this spring. Please join me at one of these events and make teaching for social justice through feminism and activism a reality. Let me know if you’ll be there!
- The Educating Girls Conference sponsored by the New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS) is today, Tuesday, January 22 in New York. My workshop is titled Teaching Feminism in High School.
- The annual Feminist & Scholar Conference sponsored by the Barnard Center for Research on Women this year is titled Utopia to be held on Saturday, March 2 in New York. My workshop is titled Creating a New Feminist Framework for K-12 Education. Register for free here.
- The first annual Distinguished Fulbright Alumni Conference sponsored by the Institute of International Education will be held on April 4-6 in Washington, D.C. I will be on a panel moderated by the United States Department of State.
- The Gender and Education Association’s (GEA) annual conference will be held in London from April 23-26. I will be on a panel titled Feminist Activism and Pedagogy in Diverse Contexts.
- My fellow panelists from London and I will do a similar presentation at the annual American Education Research Association’s (AERA) conference the following week in San Francisco, April 27-May 1.
If your school, college, or organization is interested in having me present or consult at your institution please contact me.
That is amazing!! Best wishes at these events. I wish I could make it to the NYC events but I’ll still be at school.